Friday, May 11, 2012

The Walking Dead LiveWallpaper

During the previous days I worked on a new project, create a Live Wallpaper.
The aim is to create a simple Live Wallpaper with some images and some settings where the user can choose the behavior of the Live Wallpaper.
I studied the Live Wallpaper on Android and then I started to develop my own Live Wallpaper.
First goal is very simple, put the image (adapted and scaled) in the home screen without any features. Then I added some new features, two modes, single image and multiple random images (that change on a refresh rate set by the user). Single image allow the user to select a picture for the home screen.
After that I introduced the parallax-scrolling, when the user scroll the home screen, the background moves together with a different speed.
I've encountered some problem during the development, first of all was working with the Bitmap, re-size, rotate, move, ... Because these are heavy operation and with few resource (like the emulator) or with big images for the big screen, I often had problem with memory.
Finally I finished a stable version and now I'm working for the optimization and on the memory issue.
The first stable version is on the Google Play Store, here the link.

No comments:

Post a Comment